This notice informs you about the data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with this website and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) that we make of this type of data.
Who we are
TMR Fitzsimons is a trading name of Michael Fitzsimons: Irish Business Name No. 468669. It is a law firm regulated by the Law Society of Ireland: Law Society Law Firm No. F7586. Michael Fitzsimons is a practising solicitor, and Irish and European trademark attorney and design right agent.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, we can be contacted at 35 Laurence Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Ireland; Telephone: +353 (0)41 9836846; Email: [email protected].
Our data protection representative is Michael Fitzsimons.
Third Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on these links or enabling these connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Collection and use of personal information
We do not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example by emailing us, using our online feedback/contact form, by booking a consultation, by requesting information, or by purchasing a service).
This personal data may include:
- your name and contact details, including your address, phone number and email address;
- your credit/debit card or bank account details; and
- any other personal data relating to you that you provide to us or that we generate about you in connection with your use of this website.
Collection and use of technical information
When someone visits our website, the following information may be retained about that visit:
- the IP address (the identifying details for the computer that you are using to browse this website) of the visitor’s web server;
- the top-level domain name used (for example .i.e., .com, .org, .net);
- the type of web browser and operating system used by the website visitor (for example: google Chrome, Bing, Firefox, Safari);
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used; and
- Google analytics which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded).
We will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual.
The reasons for processing your personal data
We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
- dealing with any queries that you have submitted to us via the website;
- processing requests and transactions submitted through the website;
- generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of this website, including the frequency of use of individual pages (where possible, personal data will be anonymised before being used for this purpose);
- improving and developing this website;
- carrying out research and user surveys;
- sending you promotional and marketing materials, subject to any preferences that you express when we collect your contact details or subsequently. You can opt out of receiving promotional and marketing materials from us at any time by contacting recept[email protected] with the words Opt Out in the subject line;
- establishing, exercising or defending legal claims; and
- fraud prevention, investigation and detection.
We may process your personal data because it is necessary for:
- our legitimate interests in conducting our business and ensuring the proper management and functioning of TMR Fitzsimons. We will not process your personal data for these purposes if to do so would constitute an unwarranted interference with your own interests, rights and freedoms;
- compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that applies to us; and
- the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
Who do we disclose or give this data to
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- our internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard;
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with this website, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, online payment providers, professional advisers and auditors;
- for statistical purposes, to digital marketing and analytics service providers.
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law; and
Where appropriate such organisations shall be bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard.
Internal use and retention of your personal data
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this Notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
If you engage us to provide services, we may share this data with our staff, including on a document or case management system. They may only process this data for the purpose of providing you with our contracted products and services. They are not permitted to use this data other than for this purpose and on our behalf. We will retain this data as per the terms of our terms of service governing data retention, which will be provided to you when you engage TMR Fitzsimons to act on your behalf.
Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data;
- Right to rectification – you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete;
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten;
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
We may occasionally update this policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Last updated on the 15th October, 2018.